Tax on the Run is a SMT Tax Solutions company. To protect your privacy, you can visit the Tax On The Run website without identifying yourself or having to reveal any information about yourself.
1. How We Handle Customer Information
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you request information using our contact form or book an appointment online.
- When you book an appointment you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, phone number, tax file number, any special instructions, and other information relevant to your tax return. We will not share this information with any third parties.
- SMT Tax Solutions is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- Our site contains links to other sites. SMT Tax Solutions is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
SMT Tax Solutions fully supports the ‘National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information’ launched in February 1998. As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on (07) 3807-6222.
As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation – SMT Tax Solutions’ privacy policies will be reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
3. How We Handle Marketing Communications
SMT Tax Solutions has found that attractive, graphics-rich emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new information relating to individual and business tax matters. We maintain an opt-out, user-customisable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional and informational emails.
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.
4. How to Update Your Information
Changes to your contact details can be made by using our Contact Form or calling us on (07) 3807-6222.